Technology and privacy laws change regularly, and as a result, we may occasionally update this Policy. If we make significant changes to this Policy, we may notify you either through the email address you have provided to us (unless you have instructed us not to), or by placing a prominent notice on our Website and within the App. If you continue to use the App after these changes are posted, you agree to be bound by the terms of the revised policy.
What kinds of information do we collect?
We must use information about you to successfully provide the Services. How you use our Services dictates the types of information that we capture and use.
As part of our Services, we collect the following types of information:
- identifier information, such as your name, email address, and phone number;
- information about your commercial transactions, shipping status, and the promotions that you receive by email; and
- information about your interaction with our website and apps including for example, technical details about the devices you use with our Service (such as IP address or other device identifier), usage information and statistics about your interaction with our websites, the URLs of our web pages that you visit, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, and other information about how you use our Service.
How do we collect this information?
- Information that you provide
When you enable and use our services, we collect the information that you provide when you sign up for an account, use GIFgram services as a guest user, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. The information that we collect can contain the content you provide (like metadata), such as details related to file management or details related to photographs and videos, sometimes referred to as metadata. We also use content that is processed through our features, such as our microphone, voice recorder and camera to provide the proper tutorial guidance during your GIFgram journey. Additional information may include shipping information, information that enables us to verify an individual’s identity, information that enables us to verify an individual’s location, payment information and other personal information that may be provided to us to obtain a GIFgram product or service.
You also provide us whatever information you send through our services. Be mindful that the users who view your personalized content can capture, save that content or copy it with tools outside of the app. As a result, act with good judgement when composing messages that you choose to exchange.
- Networks and connections
We may collect personal information that identifies you, such as name, postal address, telephone number, purchase and shipping history. Connections such as groups, companies, people, shipments, pages and people may be collected to provide details about how you interact with those networks across our services. We also help you complete your desired action using information collected from device-based actions such as imports or uploads from a device (examples include video content or contacts).
- Your usage activity
The information that we collect will be about your activity through our service, such as the features you access and use; the types of content you create, upload, view or engage with; the actions you make; the people that you exchange content with or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. We also collect information about how you use features like our services you use and purchase, our camera, shipment logistics, shipment transit data and how you communicate with others.
- Content Information
We collect content you compose on our services. The information can include such data as tags, and information about the content that you craft or the content that you provide, such as responses to actions, confirmation receipts flags relating to the content exchanged and the metadata that accompanies the content.
- Information from others about you
We may collect information about you from third parties, GIFgram users, our partners or our affiliates. Information from others may be collected and analyzed to facilitate the sought-after expectations of the user. This can include information about you such as when others make purchases for you, logistical data regarding you, information from email or messaging platforms and when others send messages to you.
- Automatic collection of information
We may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider, such as your user name, your payment method, your domain name, and your numerical IP address. Your web browser settings can dictate the amount of information that is sent by your web browser. Quality assurance efforts and website enhancement efforts can result from statistical data that is captured regarding the use of our website participants. The use of information that shows which web pages you visit at our website or mobile application and your pre and post GIFgram website visits provides tremendous insight to improve our services.
We may require information such as your personal data to respond to questions or suggestions received from you. Prior to receiving your request, similar information may have already been collected. For such requests, we do not (without prior consent) collect any other type of personally recognizable information on this website or mobile application.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies
- Device Information
We collect information from and about the devices you use (user in-app approval may be required for proper functionality of device properties).
- The information collected may be details about your operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, language and plugins.
- Additional information about the device you use may include data from device settings, network and network connections, identifiers, device analytics, device display, device attributes, device operations and information from device sensors.
- We may collect information from your device phonebook, device email, device voice memorandums, device camera and photos, device location and device biometric features.
As described above, the information collected from and about all devices that you use for our services assist with efforts such as analytics to help improve the overall GIFgram experience.
How do we use this information?
We may combine personal information that we collect about you with personal information you provide to us directly or indirectly through other avenues, such as application processing, inquiries, application “sign-up” activity or events related to marketing. We use the obtained information (subject to choices that you make) to provide and support the GIFgram products and related services described in the GIFgram Terms. Delivering a memorable experience using our Services is made possible through the use of the obtained information. Some examples include:
- Develop, test, improve and maintain our GIFgram products
- Operate, evaluate and develop our business and services
- Communicate with you
- Send information to your contacts per requests
- Promote safety, reinforce security and protect integrity of our product and services
- Provide and improve our advertising services and other sponsored content
- Support product purchases and track shipment movement
- Research and innovate for technological advancement and social welfare
- Provide and improve our advertising services, ad targeting, and ad measurement
- Protect against identify theft and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Support our improvement efforts through data analytics
- Reinforce the safety and security boundaries of our products and services
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
How Do We Share This Information?
To perform the services offered by GIFgram, we share information with third parties which includes third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our directions. We may also share the personal information that we obtain with our partners and affiliates. When required to perform our services or to remain within compliance of the law, these third parties are authorized by us to use or disclose the information shared.
During the user experience, we may share information about you with other users on the GIFgram platform or with recipients that lack a direct connection to the application, such as the GIFgram message recipients that you select. Strict restrictions are imposed surrounding how our partners can use and the data that we provide. Third party partners may support needs such as analytics or advertising services.
Direct Marketing and Your Right to Opt-Out
We may use all information collected at the GIFgram website, mobile application, and other methods for marketing purposes unless you specifically request that it not be used for marketing purposes.
If you have consented to receiving marketing communications regarding products and services and you later decide that you no longer want to receive this type of marketing or promotional information, you may opt-out at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the marketing communication, or contacting us at support@GIFgram.co.
Third-Party Content and Incorporations
Our services may contain third-party content and additions. Through these integrations, you may be providing information to the third party as well as to GIFgram. Information collected through third-party apps, widgets and plug-ins (such as information obtained through third-party login services) is collected directly by the providers of these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the features. GIFgram is not responsible for how those third parties collect or manage your information. Due to this, we recommend that you review the third-party privacy policies for those sites or services that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our GIFgram services.
GIFgram does not cater its services to anyone under the age of 13 years. GIFgram also does not knowingly target children under 13 years of age for marketing purposes. We remain steadfast in our efforts to protect the privacy needs of children and don’t knowingly collect information from children for the purpose of selling products or services.
Product ads may be shared on our GIFgram application or website using third-party advertising companies to create and share the ads. The third-party may use information about you, such as general demographics and your online activity in order to show you ads that may be germane to your interests.
Links to Other Sites
The GIFgram website and mobile application may contain hyperlinks to other websites for your convenience. The
We work to establish and maintain safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide. The safeguards are designed to protect against the unlawful, accidental or unauthorized use, disclosure, access, loss or modification of your personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is entirely secure; as a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
For how long do we retain your personal information?
Because we are not notified when you uninstall the App from your device, when you do so, we will continue to store archived copies of your personal information and data for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law. If, upon uninstalling the App, you wish to request that we delete your information, please email us at support@GIFgram.co.
Additionally, we will continue to store and use anonymous or anonymized information, such as your access to and use of the Services, without identifiers, in order to improve the Services.
Your Data Protection Rights
You retain all rights to your personal information and can access it or modify it at any time. Note that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the Services and App may not function properly.
You have the following data protection rights:
- You may correct, amend, or delete your personal information by editing your profile on the App or by contacting us at support@GIFgram.co.
- You have the right to opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us.
Residents in California have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- Right to Request certain categories of personal information, such as a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties;
- Right to Know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information, the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information;
- Right to Request that We Delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you;
- Right to Opt Out of our sale(s) of your personal information (if any); and
- Right to Not Receive Discriminatory Treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Please note that, as stated above, we may retain certain personal information for legitimate business purposes or to comply with the law when you uninstall the App. If you would like to request deletion of your personal information, you can email us at support@GIFgram.co.
Please note that if you send us a request relating to your personal information and we need verification of your identity, we may request to see documentation verifying your identity, which we will discard after verification.
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information
The CCPA requires us to disclose whether we sell your personal information. We do not sell your personal information.
International Transfer of Personal Data
Your personal data may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States and by our affiliates and third-parties that may be based in other countries. We share information globally with those you connect and share with around the world in accordance with this policy.
Therefore, your personal data may be processed outside your jurisdiction, and in countries that are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission or your local legislature or regulator, and that may not provide for the same level of data protection as your jurisdiction. We ensure that the recipient of your personal data offers an adequate level of protection by utilizing the European Commission-approved
standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data, or we will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
© 2020. GIFgram, Inc. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: February 12, 2020